Volunteer Engagement Center
No formal degree is required (unless you are volunteering as a professional consultant). To volunteer at Building Arizona Families you must have the following simple requirements:
- Volunteer must have a valid State Issued Identification or Driver License
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must be able to pass a background check and obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card that we will pay for.
Information Needed to Apply
We recommend you have the following information at hand before completing the Volunteer Application:
- Driver License Number or State Identification Number
- For a level one volunteer you will need to provide names and phone numbers of two professional references and one personal reference. For a level two volunteer you will need to provide three professional references and three personal references (with a letter of recommendation from each).
- Please see the “Volunteer Opportunities” tab below to see which category you would fall under depending on your volunteer interest.
- One Emergency Contact (Name, address and phone number)
Apply to Become a Volunteer
Follow these steps to apply:
Or contact our volunteer coordinator, Maura Celaya:
Address: 8433 N. Black Canyon Hwy. Building 6, Suite 158 Phoenix, AZ 85021
After You Apply
Once we receive your application, the following will occur:
- For applicants 18 and older, we will contact you within 24-72 business hours to initiate a background check; you will be required to complete a certification of criminal offense form.
- We will contact you to schedule an interview. If it is still available, we will make an effort to assign you to your preferred volunteer opportunity, as indicated on your application.
- You will receive appropriate training and orientation once accepted into our volunteer program.